Getting your wedding published is an amazing feeling! It’s confirming what you already thought, “my wedding was freaking fantastic!” It’s like a high five from the internet. However not every wedding we submit to editors gets selected to be published. So today we want to discuss a few tips to help your wedding published & be inspiration for other brides-to-be.
1. We need details, details, and more details! It doesn’t matter if it’s homemade touches or professional decorated, your wedding needs details in order to be published. Blogs are looking for weddings that inspire other couples planning their special day. From the flowers and cake to the centerpieces and decorations….it all must be beautiful and unique.
2. Make a few tables look jaw dropping! We will photograph the best tables, typically that means the head table and parent’s tables. If you are trying to save money on decorations then splurge on only a few tables and keep the rest decorated simply. We can photograph one table from many different angles to ensure some amazing detail photos!
3. The season is important! For example we photograph some beautiful weddings in the late fall, but by then editors are already searching for winter weddings. The hardest season for us to get weddings published is spring! In Michigan our spring blossoms don’t come until middle of May, by then most of the U.S. is already into summer weddings.
4. Fashion and style is super important! This means that the bridesmaids be dressed to impress and the groom & groomsmen’s suits are properly fitted. Typically the bride is flawless (go you)! By doing something different (such as different color bridesmaids dresses or finding out what the trends are for that year) it helps editors want to publish your wedding.
5. Emotions are key! From laughter filling the frame to tears running down someone’s face, emotion is the key to having an incredible story that editors would be foolish to not publish. We are so lucky to be able to capture couples big day, weddings are beautifully emotional!
6. At the end of the day all that matters is your marriage! Did you have fun at your wedding? Are you married to your best friend? Then who cares if your wedding didn’t get selected to be published! We’ve seen editors pass on some of our favorite weddings, that’s why we feature every single one of our clients weddings on our blog. Not only can our clients share their blog with family and friends they can also share to Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest right from our website.
We are looking forward to a wonderful 2015 wedding season and getting the opportunity to submit our clients wedding for publication. We think this year is going to be the best one yet! Cheers!