Local and Lovely is the newest weekly addition to our blog. It’s a way of featuring our favorite Upper Michigan vendors and businesses. On today’s blog we are happy to feature Beth Millner Jewelry. Beth and her friendly staff welcomed us into their gorgeous shop with open arms. We adored ogling over the stunning jewerly and watching the process of how they create such incredible pieces of art. It’s easy to see how much pride they take in each bit of jewelry they create. Beth was very kind and answered a few questions for us, so pull up a chair and take a gander into Beth Millner Jewelry.
1. When did you start making/designing jewelry? I started making friendship bracelets in elementary school, since then I dabbled in beadwork, glass bead making and wire wrapping. I went to college for metalsmithing and jewelry making starting in 2006 and graduating in 2008.
2. What do you feel sets your business apart? I feel my designs set us apart. Each design is carefully thought out in an artistic way and then meticulously crafted in house. We make all of the jewelry on site. The designs are inspired from my surroundings and the jewelry has a distinctly Upper Peninsula look and feel, with nature being the main design element.
3. What is your favorite part of jewelry making/designing? I really love coming up with new designs and seeing them executed by my team of talented assistants. Their skill, efficiency and attention to detail amaze me on a daily basis! I am very lucky to have such awesome people working with me, helping to grow my business.
4. Do you make any custom jewelry? We make a lot of custom jewelry. We have several new custom orders every week. Our main type of custom order is wedding bands. We have designed a variety of different rings in sterling silver, yellow gold, white gold and rose gold. We specialize in setting round stones in flush or tube settings, which are very practical stone settings. We also make unique wedding and engagement rings feature Michigan Gemstones! Custom orders take about 3 months to complete and we generally have about 30 orders waiting at once!
5. Any fun-facts that we should really know that would contribute even more to your coolness? Me and my 3 employees all attended the Art and Design program at NMU. We make every piece of jewelry from raw materials upstairs of the store in the workshop. We use eco-friendly metals in most of the jewelry and use harmony diamonds for custom orders. We have an online storefront, www.bethmillner.com and have shipped worldwide to most continents and have nearly 20 gift shops and galleries with Beth Millner Jewelry on display.