Local and Lovely is the newest weekly addition to our blog. It’s our way of featuring our favorite Upper Michigan vendors and businesses. We are very excited to feature Elegant Seagulls on the blog today! We walk by the Elegant Seagulls space on Third St. on a daily basis and we were so excited to fully check it out–the hip colors, the amazing talent, and heck–anyone that names their blog “awesome factory” is great in our books. During our recent trip we chatted with Ben and he was kind enough to introduced the his amazing crew and show us around his trendy office space. If you haven’t had a chace to see their work I highly recommend heading over to their website and checking it all out. With their creative, clean, and elgegant designs it’s no wonder why they are so popular! We just wanted to say thanks again to Ben for taking the time to answer a few questions for us! We had such a great time photographing the entire Elegant Seagulls crew and learning more about what they do!
1. When did you start Elegant Seagulls? I started Elegant Seagulls in 2006 – just me and a computer.
2. We love your logo and name–what’s the story behind it? During college my friends and I were brainstorming names for our latest snowboard movie and a flock of seagulls flew by. Someone said “those are some elegant seagulls” and the oxy moron stuck. After college when I was thinking about starting a company it only seemed logical to stick with the name.
3. You’re much more than just website design! What other services do you offer? We offer branding, print design, e-commerce solutions, and iOS ui/ux design.
4. What do you feel sets your business apart? We strive to be more than just an outsourced service for our clients. We want to understand each business or organization as if we are an owner or employee.
5. Any fun-facts that we should really know that would contribute even more to your coolness? Tom has a secret snack drawer at the office, but it’s not a secret anymore.