“Going to the chapel and we’re going to get married” a catchy song that repeats in my head at pretty much every wedding, especially when I’m with the bridal party heading to the ceremony location. I love when bride and grooms plan it out in advance for their wedding day trasportation, I find that everything goes much smoother that way. Here is a few other bits of advice to take into consideration when chosing a ride for wedding day:
1. Make sure the company is dependable, yes as silly as that may sound we have photographed a couple weddings where the hired transportation didn’t show up at all! This can lead to a big head ache! Make sure to get a contract, a contact phone number, and ask for referrals!
2. Sometimes it’s more fun as a group, so if budget allows try to reserve something big enough to hold the entire bridal party. A bus, a limo, a trolley–it doesn’t matter as long as you are all together.
3. Locally in Marquette there is an amazing team at Marquette Limo that always go above and beyond for each wedding. They even have a “man van” that will transport all of the guys to the ceremony location, while the limo takes the lovely ladies.
4. If nothing else, plan something for just the two of you. Take a families’ classic car, a clean new car or even a horse and buggy. It’s a little touch that will add to the photos and the story of the wedding.
5. Last, but certainly not least, if the whole wedding party is in a vehicle that allows alcohol (like a limo) make sure to stock up before had! It is one less stop, which just means more time for photos.
No matter which way you decide to get to and from locations on wedding day, just make sure to enjoy the ride.